XPure is a technology partner to biotech, plant-based chemistry and food-ingredient companies, providing product and process specific purification solutions. They believe that the food ingredients and chemicals of the future will be manufactured in a sustainable way from plant based raw materials and through specific fermentation processes.
The desired components from these processes often need to be isolated from the complex aqueous mixtures in which they are produced. Purification techniques, such as chromatography, have been around since the beginning of the 20th century, and are an essential step in downstream operations of these industrial processes. Classic chromatography using a single column can be a lengthy and expensive process, due to an inability to perform purification continuously. XPure’s Simulated Moving Bed (SMB) technology overcomes the intermittent nature of classical chromatography by introducing more columns, thus allowing for simultaneous separation to occur. XPure’s patented technology for continuous chromatography and ion exchange enables the isolation of desired components from such complex mixtures while improving yield and purity at lower costs.
• Lab, pilot and industrial scale SMB systems
• Downstream process design and simulation
• Feasibility studies for resin screening, optimal operating window and scale-up/down
• Start-up, validation, maintenance services for delivered systems
• Process engineering expert support
• Analysis of business potential