Vacancy Science & Technology Officer Planet B.io
Are you an enthusiastic, science-driven professional, that believes in the power of collaboration in order to create a better world with biotech?
Planet B.io, the innovation and networking hub at the Biotech Campus Delft, is looking for a Science and Technology Officer to contribute to our mission to create a healthier planet with biotech.
- a versatile and challenging position with full responsibility of all S&T related activities at Planet B.io. You will also be the “right hand” of the managing director, involved in the strategic shaping of the future of our organisation.
- a great working culture in a small, action-oriented team of purpose-driven colleagues in ambitious organization.
About Planet B.io
At Planet B.io we believe that modern biotechnology can offer unique solutions for today’s global environmental challenges. We also believe those challenges can only be tackled by collaboration and bringing all necessary parties together; from students to scientists, from startups to corporates, from investors to business mentors, and from regulators to consumers.
We build a local community at the Biotech Campus Delft (currently 18 companies) and offer a range of services to our tenants, members and partners. We support education, research, scaleup and innovation of the biotech and foodtech sector.
Planet B.io is a young, non-profit, impact-driven organisation. We collaborate closely with dsm-ferminich, ASR, TU Delft, and the local authorities to create a unique biotech innovation hub in Delft.
About the position
You contribute to the success of Planet B.io as an organisation in general, and you are responsible for all matters related to Science and Technology at Planet B.io.
- Senior representation of Planet B.io
- Externally; in network organisations, at conferences (e.g. by co-organizing or hosting conferences at the campus, giving presentations or joining startup juries)
- Internally: when external stakeholders (delegations, politicians) visit the campus
- Collaboration with knowledge institutes
- Manage the collaboration between our ecosystem members with the TU Delft, for example on courses, lectures, research projects, interns, and pre-startups
- Manage the collaboration with education institutes (like Inholland) for setting up education courses at the campus
- Build relations with other knowledge institutes (e.g. Wageningen, Groningen, but also internationally)
- Communication and relation management to all stakeholders and partners in the field of Science & Technology
- Collaboration with companies
- Maintain the good relationship with dsm-firmenich (R&D and Venturing), for example in the collaboration on Artificial Intelligence for Biotech.
- Support our network of investors with expert advice
- Collaborate with and expand our network of technical consultants
- Manage and develop services (e.g. startup searches or challenges)
- Contribute to building the Planet B.io community (i.c.w. our Communication & Community Manager and Business Developer)
- Support scouting and acquisition of new community members
- Provide S&T support to Planet B.io residents, regular meetings with CTOs
- Organise lectures and visits of experts, support writing of news articles
- Apply for subsidies to strengthen the (inter)national position of Planet B.io
Master, PhD or PdEng in biosciences, preferably in field of industrial biotechnology or food biotechnology. Experience in biotech scale up is a strong plus
- Affinity with valorisation and commercialization of biotechnology, experience with TTOs, startups, or scientific funding is a strong plus
- A network of S&T professionals or institutes and a broad interest in biotech from labscale to production
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Dutch is a plus.
Collaboration and networking come naturally to you.
- You are an independent thinker and worker. You capture new opportunities, and you finish what you start.
- You are a good communicator; you keep colleagues and stakeholders well-informed, and you understand the importance of customer-orientation.
- You fit best in our team if you strive for a better world and bring in a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
Offer (0,8 - 1 FTE)
Initial contract will be for one year, which can be extended into a permanent position upon mutual agreement. Partial working from home can be discussed. Salary in line with the job description and experience of the candidate.
We look forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 12th, 2022.
We collaborate with a recruitment agency to manage your application.